DIY Wind Muff for Canon G7x

05:01

 Hello guys! As promised on my Instagram, I'm blogging about HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN WINDMUFF for your camera. Any camera will do actually, but I don't think it's useful for DSLRs. The reason why I did it was because I've recently purchased a compact camera and this camera has no mic input (not that I need one actually lol) but I've watched online videos saying a windmuff will help reduce wind noise and the best thing is it's real cheap.

Let's get to it now!
Actually making a wind muff is really easy, the only trouble is looking for the items needed. I've tried my luck going to a few places and turns out I found all the items I need in Spotlight Malaysia.

All you need is:
1. Self adhesive Velcro Tape (RM15)
2. Some Fur ( 25 cm for around RM8)
3. A pair of scissors

 You should get velcro tapes which is already self-adhesive so that it's easier to stick on the camera and the fur, rather than using permanent glue.
Also get fur which are not so compact, or else it might completely block the wind and make our voices muffled when vlogging/ recording videos.
 Measure against the part where you'd stick on it and roughly cut a short piece out.

 Measure against it again and use a bright coloured pen to outline the part where the mic and Wi-Fi 'holes' (sorry I really don't know what it's called HAHA) are so that the velcro tape doesn't cover over the 'holes'.
 Cut out that part and TADAAAA.

 Now it's the other side of the tape to stick on the fur. This needs to be outlined on the back side so that when you stick both sides together the shape is the same. Uhh, am I just really bad at explaining how to do this? 😂
 So the two sides are supposed to look like the opposite of each other.
 Next, cut the fur, yes cut the fur HAHA.
Stick one side of the tape to it. There's no need to cut a gap on the fur because it isn't necessary.

 VOILAAAAAA~ Here's my handsome camera, with a sexy mohawk.


It's really simple right! I've tested it out before and it really reduces the wind noise. I hope this blog post has been useful to you guys! Overall I used RM23 to get all the items I need which, by the way, can make at least 7 pairs (yas super bargain). Till the next post, BYEEEEE :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments